**If you would like to be notified about new posts by e-mail, please send a message to caitlinshealthyappetite@gmail.com**

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Welcome to Caitlin's Healthy Appetite

Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog.

After countless incidences of friends asking me "How did you make that?" or inquiring about what I eat on a regular basis, I've decided to create this blog to share all the food knowledge I have packed into my little brain. I want to share with you how to create delicious, flavorful meals that fit within anyone's caloric budget, whether you are a gym rat or a couch potato.

To me, cooking is more than just preparing food to sustain your appetite throughout the day. Cooking is a release of imagination and creativity that lends itself to a unique experience each and every time.  Each ingredient is carefully selected for a purpose, whether it be flavor, texture, heat, consistency, or nutritional integrity.

With that being said, I rarely ever follow recipes to a tee. Cooking is not an exact science, so let your preferences guide you. If you really like garlic, hey, throw in an extra clove. It's all up to you! That is the beauty of cooking. Whatever you prepare, it will be something you created with you or your guests palates in mind. In my opinion, recipes are a guide to rely on for a method of cooking. Changing up the ingredients, cooking methods, or seasonings is what makes the dish your own. Of course, there are definitely some tried and true recipes which are so perfect in themselves that it might be considered a sin to deviate from the original (in my world this only applies to baking!!!). So, as you continue to read my blog (which I hope you do) keep this in mind: most of my dishes are created on the fly with whatever ingredients are in my kitchen, without regard to measurements. Since I do not measure while I cook, you must take the amounts that I put in the recipes with a grain of salt (no pun intended). Most importantly, taste your food as you cook and adjust your meal to your palate.

I hope that reading this blog will inspire you to get creative in the kitchen. If you are new to cooking, just start out by following simple recipes and slowly put your own spins on them until you are able to create something delicious all by yourself. Undoubtedly, you will be amazed at what you can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment